Among several Spanish-speaking countries and among many Hispanics in the United States there is the custom of celebrating the passage from childhood to adolescence with a ritual that expresses thanksgiving to God for the gift of life and that asks for a blessing from God for the years ahead.
Resources in this section respond to questions and address issues related to the liturgical celebration of the Quinceañera.
Fifteen Questions on the Quinceañera
Quince preguntas sobre la Quinceañera
Quinceañera Requirements at St. Anastasia
- Must be a baptized, practicing Catholic and have received First Communion and Confirmation (copy of certificates are required)
- If the quinceañera is not yet confirmed, she must be enrolled in Confirmation preparation classes
- Reserve date at least 6 months in advance
- Donation fee $350.00 (fee does not include church decorations, music, or photography)
- Payment is due at the time the celebration date is reserved
- Quinceañera should be actively involved in the life of the Church (e.g. weekly Sunday Mass attendance, youth group, choir, Liturgical minister, etc.)
- Quinceañera is required to complete at least 15 hours of Community Service, due ONE month prior to the celebration date
N.B. Celebrations are offered only on Saturdays in the context of the Liturgy of the Word. Time will be TBD.
Contact St. Dismas Parish (847) 623-5050 to schedule a celebration.