The Sacrament of Baptism is the first and foundational sacrament in the Church. It is through the Sacrament of Baptism that we become members of Christ’s body and it allows us to receive the other Sacraments of the Church. Baptism is available to all who have not yet been baptized into a Christian Church through the pouring/immersion of water and the words: “I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” The Catholic Church recognizes the baptisms of other Christian denominations that meet that criteria.
Infant Baptism Information
Parents who want to have their child(ren) to be baptized in the Catholic Church here at Little Flower Parish should call our parish office to make the arrangements. To help the parents and godparents be the first educators of the faith, we require a baptismal preparation session to be completed before the child is baptized. This is an important time to learn more about the sacrament, how the parish is here to support our families, and to offer practical ways you can help your child grow in faith as their first teachers of the faith.
Pre-registration is required by calling the parish office at (847) 623-5050.
When are baptisms offered?
Generally on a Saturday at 12:00 pm at St. Dismas in English and at St. Anastasia in Spanish. Please see the "Baptism Dates 2022" document to see the list of dates offered.
When are baptismal preparation classes offered?
Generally, sessions are held on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm at St. Dismas in English and the second Tuesday of the month at St. Anastasia. Please call the rectory to register and get detailed information regarding COVID-19 guidelines.
Other Baptism Requirements:
- Copy of child's Birth Certificate
- Stipend: $75 - You may either submit a stipend online by clicking here or bring it to the parish office.
- Children 7 years of age and older who are to be baptized are required to be registered in a Religious Education Program (CCD). Registrations open during the late spring/early summer months and classes start in the fall. Please contact the parish office for more details.
- Must be baptized* Catholic who has received the sacraments of First Communion and Confirmation. Copy of Confirmation certificate must be provided or a letter from the godparent's parish acknowledging the person is eligible to be a godparent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a couple - they must have been married in the Catholic Church (need to provide a copy of the church marriage certificate)
- If single - the sponsor must be free to partake in the sacraments and must be leading a
sacramental life in harmony with the Church.
*A baptized non-Catholic may not be a Godparent/Sponsor but may serve as a witness along with a Catholic Godparent/Sponsor.