There are five steps to be completed prior to the Wedding Ceremony:
1. An Introductory Meeting between the priest or deacon and the engaged couple.
2. Participate in the marriage preparation seminar called One In Christ. One In Christ helps couples develop a comprehensive understanding of and appreciation for the vocation and Sacrament of Marriage. Their goal is to help couples deeply understand how marriage is a participation in the life of heaven, and what it means for your life together here on earth. Couples will be given the "tools" needed to pursue this blessed vocation.
The seminar cost is $280 which includes all materials, meals, and the Natural Family Planning (NFP) course. Payment is due at the time of registration. To sign up for the One in Christ Marriage Seminar, please go to: www.oneinchristmarriage.com.
Learn more as reported from a neighboring diocese at ‘One in Christ’ marriage prep program presents ‘authentic teaching of Church on Christian marriage’
3. Preparation and Liturgy.
4. Sacrament of Reconciliation,
A. Church Documents
1. A QUESTIONNAIRE to be filled out by both parties with the assistance of the priest or deacon.
2. BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATES newly issued and dated within six months of the date you are to be married.
B. Civil Documents
The State of Illinois requires that a marriage license be obtained from the Clerk of Lake County. The license is valid for a maximum of 60 days.
Please note: You must bring the marriage license to the wedding rehearsal. Without this document, the wedding cannot take place!